Viking Forum (217)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ducting on my Viking 130

While I was not experiencing overheating early on in my flight testing, we got a really bad run of hot weather in Seattle, and I was gettin…

Started by Jonathan Fay

31 May 20, 2021
Reply by Patrick Hoyt

Gearbox oil

The Viking website says 8 oz of 75w90 or 75w140 Mobil 1 full synthetic gear oil. Which is preferred and why?  Why specifically Mobil 1? Are…

Started by Matt Bunton

5 Apr 21, 2021
Reply by Matt Bunton

The Viking 150 Release

Started by Jan Eggenfellner

20 Apr 21, 2021
Reply by Tom Hankam

Trip to Texas for a Maiden Flight

Just a fun video recapping the trip to Texas we took. Multiple Zeniths, a wonderful community and the journey to a first flight!

1 Mar 13, 2021
Reply by Matt Bunton

Couple of questions.. RPM, amps and ECU ground

I have not started the engine yet, I am wiring up all the electronics before I can close our my avionics bay, I have a bit more work on plu…

Started by Jonathan Fay

4 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by Jonathan Fay

Low Cruise Temps

Winter time in Michigan. Yesterday I took a flight in my Cruzer (Viking 130) and it was 21 degs F at 2500'. During cruise (4800 RPM, 105 ki…

Started by Phil Cook

12 Feb 15, 2021
Reply by Phil Cook

While this is not necessarily unique to Viking engines

Be sure to NOT use an O2 sensor with the Viking engine.  It does not use one:) O2 sensors are used for initial engine tuning and for low p…

6 Jan 31, 2021
Reply by Ron Hansen

Zenith Homecoming 2020 - An Amazing Experience

I just wanted to take a moment and share some of my favorite pictures to everyone who didn't get the chance to attend the Zenith Homecoming…

1 Jan 7, 2021
Reply by Bob Simmons

How are you monitoring your Viking?

I just purchased a Viking 90 and will be updating my panel at the same time as the engine installation. What EMS you use or how do you mon…

Started by Brad Payne

25 Dec 25, 2020
Reply by Phil Cook

DUC prop washers

I have been adjusting the pitch of my DUC prop and have noticed that the bolts are no longer holding their torque and the washers stay flat…

Started by Brad Payne

15 Dec 19, 2020
Reply by Brad Payne

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service