This airplane was built by my good friend Ron Zielke.  Ron was a noted optimist as he started building this airplane from plans at age 80.  It took him 6 years to finish.  He got the airworthiness certificate and flew it twice before setting it aside for another day.  That day never came.  Ron had a stroke this past March and died last week at age 88.

The airplane was named for the love of Ron's life Kathy who predeceased him several years prior.  The airplane was finished in 2018.  When I started flying it it had 2.9 hours on it.  It now has 40 hours and is out of phase one testing.  The family has decided to offer the airplane for sale.  The engine is a 3000cc Corvair engine that was built starting at the September 2015 Corvair College overseen by William Wynne in Mexico Missouri.  The panel is all steam gauges except the MGL digital radio.  Interior is gray.  Seats are comfortable.  Asking $55,000 OBO Contact son Steve Zielke,  270-612-1091.  See photos below.

Views: 2203

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I had numerous conversations with Ron and flew up to Kentucky once during his build and visited his shop to look at his project and took him for a flight in my 750 STOL. I'm sure glad he lived to finish it and fly it, if only a couple of times - we all know that first flight is the most memorable, anyway!  He was a real gentleman and whoever gets this plane can be sure it has a lot of love in it!

John

N750A

Beautiful airplane

sorry for the loss of your friend

Very sorry to hear of Ron's passing... I had many phone and email conversations with him about his plane and various other subjects.  Met Ron and Steve in person at one of the Zenith homecoming events, had a great lunch with those guys!  Ron was a great guy, I'll miss our conversations... Blue skies and tailwinds to you Ron, please pass on my condolences to Steve and the rest of the family.

New price $52,000.00

I am very sad to hear of Ron's passing. Ron came down to my home back around 2015 and looked at my 750 build. I showed him how to build a wing rib using my forming blocks and he made his first piece of his airplane in my shop. We spoke many times over the years and I was happy to hear that he had it flying. 

As a side note, Ron had told me that the fuselage was actually from a kit. 

Any pics of the panel?  Other interior pics?

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service