John Austin's Discussions (4,588)

Discussions Replied To (1605) Replies Latest Activity

"With my STOL 750, I had a slightly frayed bungee after a few hundred hours and made…"

John Austin replied Aug 12, 2016 to "My rudder is too stiff and it's the bungees' fault", and other urban legends

16 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Samuel McNair

"Hi Sam, Efe Cem Elci organizes the chat and is definitely the technical go-to guy fo…"

John Austin replied Aug 11, 2016 to How do I get into the chat

2 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Kenneth Buchmann

"Your oil temps sound great but I agree you might want to experiment with reducing yo…"

John Austin replied Jul 28, 2016 to 3300 jab motor mounted on a CH601 UL. Has anyone done this

7 Jul 28, 2016
Reply by John Austin

"Gene, Have you tweaked the oil cooling?  Although we have "air cooled" engines, a si…"

John Austin replied Jul 28, 2016 to 3300 jab motor mounted on a CH601 UL. Has anyone done this

7 Jul 28, 2016
Reply by John Austin

"The installed weight of a Jab 3300 (exhaust system and all engine accessories) is 17…"

John Austin replied Jul 27, 2016 to 3300 jab motor mounted on a CH601 UL. Has anyone done this

7 Jul 28, 2016
Reply by John Austin

"BTW, Sam, you mentioned in the accident description you posted in the Classified Ads…"

John Austin replied Jul 23, 2016 to Last Landing for N801G

10 Mar 9, 2021
Reply by Samuel McNair

"Sam - Met you once at Sun n Fun in Homebuilt Camping and looked at your plane.  I'm…"

John Austin replied Jul 18, 2016 to Last Landing for N801G

10 Mar 9, 2021
Reply by Samuel McNair

"i agree, Jim!  I'm in good health and have passed a 3rd Class well within the 10 yea…"

John Austin replied Jul 18, 2016 to Impact of Medical Reform

88 Feb 21, 2018
Reply by Ernest Christley

"Another huge loophole seems to be that if your doctor did NOT approve you for flight…"

John Austin replied Jul 17, 2016 to Impact of Medical Reform

88 Feb 21, 2018
Reply by Ernest Christley

"If you've got a buddy with a business that has a dock and fork lift, many times the…"

John Austin replied Jul 15, 2016 to Newbie with big box

9 Sep 1, 2016
Reply by Rich M Ward

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service