Any other taildragger builders on here.  I would like to discuss the fuselage changes for the TD option.  No plans, only drawings.  Would like to hear from someone who has built one.

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike,
Constructed a CH701sp from scratch... Got the drawings option from Zenith for the taildragger version.
Not much changes... New left to right channel underneat fuselage (to install main spring gear in front of door), beefing up rear last former.
If could digitizze plans if you would like.
Regards,
Norm

That would be a great help.  I am just starting on my kit so I am not in a great hurry.  Just finished Rudder and am skinning the Horizontal Stabilizer and elevator.  I have the  drawings that Zenith provided but they aren't making a lot of sense right now.  The pictorial assembly instructions don't cover the taildragger option.  By the time I get to the fuselage, they may make a lot more sense.  Thanks for your help.

Same Spring. Just moved forward to front of fuselage. Looks like taller tires shipped with kit.

Hi Mike,

There was no tire change for the taildragger option CH701. It uses the same SkyJeep spring gear as you said moved forward almost flush to the cabin door front. Have to add some stiffness to the last fuselage bulkhead and a tail wheel. You can delete nosegear post, nosegear bearing and controls too. 

I've attached the Plans for the taildragger option in ZIP format...Send me your email and I'll send you back the password for the ZIP file.I've seen one done and it sat real low on the ground; maybe an issue for taller pilots...

Regards,

Norm

CH701sp

Attachments:
Thanks a lot for your help. Not real sure about the tires though. Most of the ones I have seen have the "golf cart" tundra tires. The ones that came with my kit are much taller and probably a bit wider. Not sure how much difference that will make. Will be glad to send you pictures if you like. My email is mebuoy@gmail.com. Thanks again.

Hi Mike,

Password sent as requested !

Need anything else, just ask !

Regards,

Norm

Thanks.  I will take a look.

Hi Mike

Sent a copy to your email address - no ZIP or password required !

Enjoy.

Norm

CH701sp  C-GFEU

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service