Hello everyone!

Anyone that has a flying 601 HDS in SoCal that I can look at? Or anyone that has built a 601HDS that I can get some help from?….. I just bought a “90% Completed” 601HDS:
Instrument Panel Done
Jabiru 3300A Installed
Fuselage Done
Wings, Horizontal, and Rudder are Built, but not attached yet.
Cables all done (Except final connection to control surfaces)
Cabin 90% done (Other than Upholstery)
Canopy mostly done.

I am totally new to building airplanes, and looking for help finishing this project, so any help and/or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adel Bazzi

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EAA Chapter 723, at Camarillo Airport(KCMA) has both a completed 601 HDS and a very far along kit for sale. You can check them out on Craigslist. 

kit: https://ventura.craigslist.org/avo/d/camarillo-airplane-zenith-zena... I would buy this one, myself, if I wasn't already building a 601 XLB in the same hanger. From what I can tell: the workmanship on this is very good. The fuselage is pretty far along. The wings and control surfaces are completed. 
This one was recently donated to the chapter. 
If you visit EAA Chapter 723, you can see both the finished and unfinished 601HDS's as well as my - in progress - 601 XLB. Mine will have a Jabiru 3300. The completed HDS has a Subaru motor and a BRS. 
Adel, Where in SoCal are you?

Wayne King
Camarillo, CA

Thank you for the reply Wayne. Will look into this. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service