I am asking purely out of curiosity:  What ever happened to the Gemini CH620 Twin?

http://www.zenithair.com/gemini/

Does somebody know if Zenith is still planning to eventually release it as a kit?

Oliver

Views: 1506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That concept looks great!

I doubt there is much developing being done to it. It was announced in 1996, not much news since. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Interesting concept though.

I have bugged the factory a few times about the Gemini. I love the concept (especially because I live in the NH mountains and a spare engine would be a nice thing to have, given the hostile terrain and limited forced landing options available here). Plus, the thing just looks so RIGHT!

Basically, they like it also but are so busy just keeping up with what they are doing that the Gemini is quite literally not a priority. I remember they put the engines from the prototype up for sale a while back which is most likely a sign that they are abandoning the concept.

I would love to see them revisit the idea with more recently available components - a 650 fuselage with the Gemini style center section grafted to it that mounts the main gear and the engine pylons, with 650 wings (maybe shortened just a bit, maybe not) mounted onto the outboard ends of the center section, just outboard of the engine nacelles. Mount a couple of 100 to 120 HP engines and you would have a sweet machine! I'll take mine as a taildragger. Imagine it with a couple of Rotec radial engines and taildragger gear - a 2/3 scale 1930's twin in appearance.

With a couple of 912s on a 650 airframe, you'd have something that resembled a Wing Derringer for normal folks -- one of my fantasies... 

I have to admit that while I think that it is (was) a cool project, I am also not sure if I'd put money into it if I were Zenith.

I think I'd work next on a Heavy Duty CruZer and then maybe something like a 850 CruZer.

Shrink it down to a single seater.  Hang one of those small jet engines (like the SubSonex uses) under each wing.  Call it the ZE-262.

Yeah, one can dream..........

- Pat

They'd really have to beef up that airframe to get above the current 160mph VNE. That thing would flutter and disintegrate pretty quick with two of those engines. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service