CANBUS and RS-232 connections ITT Cannon Sure-Seal connectors

Where can you buy ITT Cannon Sure-Seal Connectors?  The UL Power EMS has several of these connectors..  The RS-232 to EFIS/ULREAD needs a 120-8551-101 three pin female connector.  The CANBUS interface needs  a 120-8552-101 three pin male connector.

I've been able to find the ITT Cannon catalog, but where to buy one male, and one female connector is a bit challenging.   The factory solution appears to be part numbers E080303 for canbus and E080305 for RS-232.  53 Euro each.

Do you even need them?

I'm going to snip the RS-232 connector off and put in a Dsub-9 pin female connector.  That's just standard computer stuff.   Any USB-RS232 dongle will plug into that as long as you get pins 2 & 3 right. The cable with the canbus connector is too short to reach where my Garmin GAE-24 EIS Interface is located. 3 butt splices seems reasonable to me.

What has worked for you?

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Timothy,

The only part you need is E080303 to connect your ULPower ECU CAN bus to your Garmin EIS.
There is no reason to cut of the factory connector when using the ULP supplied cable.

The RS232 is used to connect the ULRead diagnostic cable and when you cut the connector, the ULP cable doesn't fit anymore and you need to fabricate your own connector on it.

My advise is to leave the ULP connectors and buy the appropriate OEM cables, we have them in stock at Wheels and Wings, or you can order from Wicks.

With friendly greetings,

Herman Eshuis

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service