Hello,

PART 1

I have a kit and Canopy from 2005. The canopy has a thickness of.08".

The original canopy seal has a channel of 1/16" and is 1.125 tall.

I am trying to find another piece of this materiel and I cant seem to find any anywhere that matches this.

The closest I can find of this material has a seal height of 1". I fit my canopy to the 1.125 height.

I have been through Zenith and they have tried but cant seem to find any, even in old stock.

Would any of you guys have any of this laying around that you didn't use or removed to replace your canopy?

Naturally, I'll buy it and pay shipping.

Part 2

The next thing is; Zenith did try and sent several pieces but the channel to receive the canopy is .125". One piece sent is only 1" tall and later they did find a piece that is 1.125 tall out of Canada. I have found a supplier with the 1.125 hieght but again, the cnael with is the .125 width.

Have any of you guys used the .125 width channel on a canopy that was only .08 in measured thickness? My mind tells me it wont work. I hate to fill that much gap with glue. It will be messy enough as it is.

Thanks for you time!

Rich Simmons

Final assembly 601XL-B

Views: 210

Reply to This

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service