I’ve been working on a Zenith CH 750 STOL for several years, but medical issues make it impossible for me to continue. A couple of years ago a good friend and experienced airplane builder in my EAA chapter took over the project and has brought it to the 90% completed 90% to go stage. Fuselage wings and gear are complete and assembled. Engine is hung but not hooked up. Avionics are now being installed. Work continues and now is an ideal time for the ultimate owner to influence some of the component choices. Most parts are already included in the build, but it’s not too late to make substitutions and selloff unneeded components.

INCLUDED and installed:
Airframe, Zenith Bush wheels, flying surfaces, dual stick kit
Engine– – Lycoming 0-235-C1, 108 to 115 hp, hung only
INCLUDED but not yet installed:
Alternator – – BNC lightweight 40 amp
Doors and windows 
Dynon first generation glass cockpit with Garmin 496 GPS, iCom COM, Garmin transponder
NOT INCLUDED, but may be added over the next couple months. The choice is still open on most of these items:
Skytec lightweight starter
Prop- used metal, new wood or new composite
Ignition - will rebuild original mags or choose between a couple electronic options. 
Upholstery 
Paint
We plan to finish the airplane here this year, but the sooner the new owner is involved, the more choices h/she will have about the final airplane. A buyer who can get to KLEW on a regular basis will not only be able to make these choices, but participate in the build, obtain the repairman’s certificate and possibly pilot part of the flight test hours.  A buyer who cannot visit KLEW regularly but still wishes to finish the airplane could pull the wings and ship it home. 
Because there are so many options, I haven’t set a price. We would need to decide that once we know what you want. 

Pictures will follow to interested parties. You can list what you’d like to see. 

Tom Muller
120 Spring Water Rd
Poland Spring, ME 04274
207-212-9184
tomsipads@gmail.com
Sent from my iPad

Views: 1013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Price ?

Price depends on how much more parts we buy and work we get done.  Flyable without paint or DAR inspection in the low 50s. As-is (still needs prop, ELT, ASDS-B) low 40s. As we progress it could be anywhere between. 

I’m trying to get some pictures, but am being delayed by family business. If you’d like to see them send me your email address; I don’t have the time to learn how to send them through the forum so need to go direct. 

Thank you .
Price for the take home option?

$42,000

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service