SOLD  -  SOLD  -  SOLD

We have two Jabiru 2200A engines for sale. Rated at 85-hp, these are nice lightweight engines suitable for light aircraft light the STOL CH 701. We had these two engines mounted on our Gemini CH 620 twin (which we sold recently sold, without the engines), and are offering these engines for sale, as is. (Buy one or both).
Contact Roger or me for more info: 573-581-9000 (M - F, 6:30 am - 5 pm Central)

We've removed these engines from the "proof of concept" Gemini twin-engine airplane. There are only about 10 hours on each engine (we had traded in the original Jabiru 2200 engines to new 2200A models) and we have stored these engines for the past 10 years in near-new condition. We're selling them with the exhaust system (as used on the Gemini).

More info on the Jabiru 2200A engine is available from Jabiru USA, as well as firewall-forward kits for the STOL CH 701. We're offering the engines first to the Zenith community (before adverting it in Barnstormers).

Roger and I flew the STOL CH 701 with a Jabiru 2200 engine a few years ago and we were quite impressed with this lightweight direct-drive air-cooled engine. Flying it on a cool day in Tennessee, we were impressed with the performance, low fuel burn and light responsive feel, though we've heard from others that it may be a little underpowered (especially at altitude, heavier loading and hotter days). 

SOLD  -  SOLD  -  SOLD

More:

Video: Jabiru 2200 in a STOL CH 701

Video: Hear the Jabiru 2200 (on a CH 701)

Video: Jabiru installation on the CH 701

More Videos

Views: 7007

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there,

How much are you asking for each engine?

THX

Martin

The Gemini twin-engine airplane is sure a sweet sexy looking bird.

Very nice, is there any future for this aircraft?

Not for now, though the "proof of concept" prototype has indicated that there is definitely a market for a light affordable twin.

Sebastien, was the flight testing on the prototype ever completed? I mean, past what is on the Zenair site from your father's initial testing and performance figures encountered during that testing?

How much each???

What are the engine serial numbers??

Keep the small twin on a back (or better yet, front) burner, Sebastien. Please! It is such a nice concept and looks so darn sexy. I have pondered your design from time to time and envision a 650 fuselage perched on that Gemini center section that incorporates the carry through structure, engines and main gear. Outboard of the engine nacelles a pair of 650 wings would give a decent wing area, I expect. It would most likely need a bigger rudder, maybe a fixed vertical fin with a traditional rudder. Three axis trim would be good, almost mandatory. Set it up to handle engines up to a pretty strong power output for flexibility of customer preference. Same for weight capability, make it a basic knock about plane but with structural options to build a heavier IFR cross country machine as well.

I live in rural New Hampshire and only fly VFR in my retirement. However, there is a lot of hostile terrain up here with almost no forced landing options. A spare engine would be a wonderful thing to have even in a day VFR knock around the neighborhood plane in this area. Build it and I will come.

Since the Gemini concept plane was developed you have come up with a better fuselage/canopy/wing in the 650 which would make the basis for a really nice light twin, I think (hope).

Oh -- one more thing. The taildragger thing works in the Gemini. Don't give that up. If you want to have a nose dragger version also, fine, but keep the taildragger as a build option please.

Hopefully yours,

Bob

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service