If anyone has one and willing to sell give me a shout. thanks, Jeff 

Jeffnaul@bellsouth.net

318-372-6800

Views: 1449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff

Most guys remove the header tank and install a pair of the CH601HD leading edge wing tanks. Zenith still sells them new.

Removing the fuel from the cockpit is a big safety improvement...and no gas fumes in the cockpit either from fuel splashed on the cowl refueling.

thanks Bob, but I already have the big header tank. the straps broke and when it hit the pedals it dented and tore the aluminum. this happened prior to me buying. they riveted a piece over the tear and covered with JB weld.( not cool)  so I pulled the tank to further inspect then I found that they drilled holes in the tank when riveting the top skin. zenith no longer has the big tank. I dont wanna give up my wing lockers just yet..

The picture is "a leading edge wing tank"... not the 60 litre head tank that is mounted behind the panel. I have the 60 litre header tank + two 22 litre leading edge wing tanks and still have both wing baggage lockers. This tank is larger than the 22 litre edge tanks I currently have installed, as it was designed to replace the header tank totally.

Is the filler cap on the inboard or outboard end. Same on left an right?

I've got one I'd make you a deal on. I'll send you a picture tomorrow if I can remember that long. It's Margaretta time right now.

Rich, thank you!

Here's the pictures of the header tank I promised.

Attachments:

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service