new to the forum..just purchased a 701 with a a65 cont. engine..I have a low time o200 cont. engine to replace the 65...any info that I should be aware of before the work begins...anything that you have learned with your o200 cont. install that you wish you knew about before the install..thanks for any help you can give a newbe, Steve

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only that through experience that the O200 is going to be quite heavy for that airframe, it has the same installed weight of the Viking 130, if that is the route you are going be sure to mindful of nose weight, and having to add weight to the tail.. -Alissa

Oil cooler, improving baffling on #3 cylinder, light weight starter and alternator, composite or wood prop. I have o-200 on 601xl not sure about 701 but I think they do like a light engine, 

It will never be STOL. Too heavy. You will likely need lead in the tail. IMO it ruins the purpose of the plane...extreme STOL. The one I know routinely rolls 1200 feet solo on TO in hot wx.

I have O-200 in my 601 XL.  My first and biggest game changer was a Vetterman exhaust system.   I changed that only and what a difference.  Also I put 9.5:1 pistons,  E-Mag, light weight starter and alternator.  I'm pretty happy with it now, burns 5.3 gal in cruise.  Yes it's heavy but reliable.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service