Hello Viking 110 Users:  I am trying to replace the air filter on my 110 and can't find a replacement which will fit.  Jan is out of them. Alissa suggested a K&N which I tried, but it came out a little too large to fit. I spent several hours on the internet searching, including some with angled flanges to no avail.  Has anybody replaced their air filter sucessfully, and if so, could they advise me as to what filter they used or how they did it.  Thanks!

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I replaced the foam filter on my 110 a few years ago.  Replaced it with a K&N cylindrical(not tapered) and it was a tight fit but did go on.  As I recall from memory it was an RC-10.  I can't verify as I won't be back home for a couple weeks.

Norm

Hi Norm!  Thank you for your reply.  I searched for a RC-10, but couldn't find one on the R&N site.  But I was not aware there was an "RC" line of filters and searching that line, found a RC-2330 (tapered) which was also a very tight fit, but it fit.  So I uswed that.  Thanks for your help.  Frank

Glad U found one that would work.  As I indicated above, I won't be back home in Alaska for another 2 weeks and that number was from an 80+ year old memory.  Also, I took note that your 110 is an early version with airbox/filter on the L side where my filter is on the R side top center.

Norm 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service