I am in need of transition training in our new to us 2003, 500hr CH, 701 in South West Montana. Aircraft has spent the past 6mos being gone through by an AP/IA. 

The insurance underwriter only requires 1 (one)hr of dual, however I prefer two consecutive days of dual approx 4hrs each.

We have a quote from an out of state CFI willing to fly to us, but with all the associated expenses, cause the $ figure to be too high given the travel distance. The underwriter will accept a non CFI with the prerequisite of at least 50hrs in a 701/750.

Current 400hr PP/ASEL/INST

located just south of Missoula MT. Looking for an April 2023 window. 

Thank in advance! 

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Dan..

I see you did not get any response.

Transition training is a frequent topic here.   I took some time to do a search and found these more recent resources including your general location as well as others.

-1-

Reply by William Fahey on April 29, 2022 at 8:56pm

That is awesome Matt.  Where are you located?  We have a CFII here in Central Texas that is well versed in the Zenith aircraft and actually knows the Viking engines too that can help you with currency, transition training and insurance hours.

-2-

Phil Cook - will Travel to your location.  His e-mail address is phil@lavion.aero.

https://www.lavion.aero/Pages/experimental

-3-

Permalink Reply by Bruce Atherton on Wednesday

Dan Glaze at KTVA has a Corvair powered 750 STOL used for transition training in central Ohio with Greg Miller. Greg is a retired Air Force pilot and had done transition training for at least 4 of us with 750s. Recommended.

-4-

This may be old out of date, but worth noting:

M-Squared Aircraft of Mobile, Alabama may offer transition training.

ALSO --  You will find this thread helpful and may want to contact the writers.

https://zenith.aero/profiles/blog/show?id=2606393%3ABlogPost%3A8415...

Wm; who's the CFI in Central Texas?

Carl..

You will need to send a PM to William.   I copied his post from another thread.

RMM

ALSO - for those in the Northwest:

If anyone wants to do training in the Pacific Northwest come visit us at Pianosa Flying Farm, in Carlton, WA.  A bit more remote than Clarksville, TN but a lot of folks will find a bit more adventure up here in the Cascade mountains.  We have a CH750 STOL pulled by a ULpower 350iS.  I hold a LODA for transition specific training, STOL, off-afld/rough-strip, and mountain training.
-Conor Whitehead
mntnpilot@gmail.com

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service