Corvair Engine Forum (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

intake pipe

can someone give me a measurement from the top of the intake log to the center of the intake pipe for cowl clearance

Started by Buddy

0 May 18, 2023

Pitch settings and cruise speed

Hi all, I'm wondering what others are using for your prop pitch and what cruise speeds/climb rates you're seeing. I have a 120hp Corvair…

Started by Dale Walters

19 May 17, 2023
Reply by Peter Eiberger

Welcome to the Corvair Engine Forum!

Welcome to the Corvair Engine Forum!  We invite our members with Corvair engines, and those interested in Corvair engines, to post their qu…

Started by John Austin

14 May 13, 2023
Reply by Dale Walters

***CAUTION SPYDER BUYERS***

I waited for 10 months for my intake and exhaust and this is the exhaust that I received from the "Quitman, GA-based Corvair" company. Stil…

Started by Stephen M. Eastham

4 Apr 2, 2023
Reply by Stephen M. Eastham

Bent push rod.

Took a 25 minute flight from KJNX to KTTA to show a good friend that I had a well running airplane.   Everything was running perfect, and I…

Started by Ernest Christley

29 Feb 23, 2023
Reply by LARRY TRAMEL

750 STOL CG with Corvair engine

Wondering what center of gravity people with Corvair engines in their 750 STOL are seeing. When my plane got its AWC, at 841 lb, CG was at…

Started by Bruce Atherton

1 Feb 21, 2023
Reply by charlie rosenzweig

SOLVED - Voltage regulator for Spyder 120 HP

SOLVED. The B&C 14V, 30A can be made to accommodate this alternator for OV protection and notification. -------------- Is anyone using…

Started by Stephen M. Eastham

3 Feb 4, 2023
Reply by Eric Tingey

Erratic Tach Reading at Low RPM

I am using a GRT engine info system (EIS) and the WW FlyCorvair inductive tach pickup getting a signal from bolts on the flywheel. Initiall…

Started by Peter Eiberger

0 Dec 28, 2022

Dual Throttle Control

Does anyone have dual throttle controls with their Corvair.  I am using a MA-3 carb, and a center stick.  I plan to have a throttle control…

Started by Joe Pringle

9 Dec 5, 2022
Reply by Bob Pustell

Core Crankshafts Grinding on Webs

Hi All I am about to start my engine build.  The core crankshaft I have has grinding on some of the webs.  Is that normal? Don't want to…

Started by Bradford Drown

0 Oct 24, 2022

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service