Hi All,
I just purchased a CH750 (already built) a few weeks ago. I'm just finishing up getting a few repairs done and my condition inspection completed. I talked to a CFI yesterday about getting lessons for my sport license. We were discussing the insurance policy and they brought up that it appears my "open pilot" clause is written such that the instructor meet that requirement which includes 750 total hours in any plane AND 25 hours in the same make/model. Considering there are a few hundred CH750's out there, it seems VERY unlikely I will find a flight instructor that meets the 25 hour requirement. Is this common? Also, if we are reading the clause correctly, for me to be covered in my own plane I need 15 hours dual instruction, 5 hours solo (normal sport requirements) and 25 take off/landings IN THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL so even if I wanted to get lessons in another light sport, I would not be covered in my own plane. Does this seem right? Seems like a Catch 22 situation...

Has anybody had such issues getting instruction/insurance as a new pilot?

Thanks,
Barrett

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Considering there are a few hundred CH750's out there, it seems VERY unlikely I will find a flight instructor that meets the 25 hour requirement. Is this common?

There may be others, but Phil Cook will meet your 25 hr requirement and I "think" will travel to your location for training.  His website is Lavion Aero.

John

N750A

When I applied for insurance with a local aviation agent, they wanted me to have 3 hrs dual and 2 solo (before pax). That was for AIG. I am not instrument rated. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service