Hello I have exchanged my engine for the Gen 4.0 Jabiru 3300. The engine runs great, all temperatures in the normal range and enough power.
BUT, the engine interferes with the radio terribly.
On the ground with idle speed it is still OK, with engine off only on battery super !
But at higher speeds and travel speed of 2500rpm, the tower and other aircraft can no longer understand me. It only hisses in the radio.
Bervor I have to invent something myself, hence the question:
How can this engine be properly interference suppressed ?
Are there any experiences that work well ?
Oh, as an additional "problem" I use a Li-Ion battery and not a lead battery. This complicates things a bit more.
For remedy I would be very grateful.
greetings from germany
Cyrano

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My system was fairly good with the Gen 4 engine and MGL avionics and radio, but you could hear the RPM change of the engine on the intercom.  I do have separate grounds for every item directly back to a ground buss.  There are not any items except engine sensors that use an air frame ground and the headset jacks are carefully insulated from the air frame with plastic washers.  After that I purchased a set of snap over ferrite RF noise suppressors and put one inside the firewall around everything that comes through the firewall.  One on each wire or wire bundle and one on each engine control cable.  The set I bought does not seem to be available now, but any set that has the variety of sizes you need will work.

Amazon Ferrite Ring

As always this is what worked for me.  Your results may vary.  Many thanks to other Jabiru installers who guided me in finding the Ferrites and making the initial installation as radio quiet as it is. 

https://www.dxengineering.com/techarticles/dxepressreleases/color-c...

i added this to my radio,  and it blocked almost all the noise, then 100% when playing with squelch

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service