If you installed a UL Power engine you are familiar with these special washers. I'mthinking I may have installed mine backwards. Does anyone know the proper orientation for these washers?

There is a side with lots of ridges, and a smoother side...

So do the ridges face each other like this...

Or do the ridges go this way...

I have all my exhaust bolt washers as shown above with the ridges facing away from each other. I'm thinking that might be backwards and I may need to switch them all. So I thought I'd verify the correct orientation with others who are smarter than me! 

 

Views: 458

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 The sides with the larger steps face each other.  You can also find this information in the UL Power online maintenance manual. 

Thanks-I've looked in the manual and don't see any mention of the washers.

Nordlock has a number of videos - this one gives you a basic overview of how they work and are oriented:

Nordlock Washers Video

John

N750A

LOL John I was just going to post that info! I guess I should have googled it first before I posted my question. At least I DO have mine installed correctly!

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 
 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...


Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.


Zenith Homecoming Tee:


Zenair Floats


Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz


Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

 
 

Transition training:

Flying Knuckleheads

Lavion Aero

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2026   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service