Some great events in store for Zenith pilots this year at Oshkosh. The Valdez STOL pilots and others will again be attending (STOL flight competitions during the afternoon air shows on July 20-21, competition finals prior to the July 22 night air show, and fun flying at the ultralight airstrip on July 23 (mid-day) and July 24 (evening).

We have the Zenith Banquet July 23rd, the Zenith Engine Day July 24th, and the EAA Give Flight program, building five sets of Zenith wings throughout the week. Quite a choice of events for Zenith pilots, plus the usual Oshkosh sensory overload.

For those attending and wanting to hook up with others, below is a list if you would like to list your name and info. There was an informal gathering of Zenith pilots at a pizza joint last year, and if they have forgotten about us and there is interest, we'll do it again this year. I'll check the responses and try to keep up with a list of those interested. 

Walt Snyder

N10ZE

Name                    days attending       staying at              plane               fly in?                  from          

Diane Bancroft         M-Sun                Kaukauna              Cruzer          commrcl           Connecticut

Roger Lambert        Sun,Mon               Appleton            601XL-B           driving                Florida

Walt Snyder               M-Sat                 Oshkosh              750 STOL       United            Newport, Ca

John Austin               Thu-Sat             Camp Scholler       750                driving     TN66 Crossville, TN

David Gallagher     Sun-Sun            Camp Scholler      601XL-B           driving        Cincinnati, Ohio

Tim Juhl                   Mon-Thu            Camp Scholler      601XL-B           driving            Michigan

Wayne Clagg         Sun-Sat          Homebuilt camping     701                  YES!            12WV WV

Views: 556

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger Lambert- attending 19 & 20- staying in Appleton-road tripping from Florida

O m'gosh, I ain't gonna be able to make it again this year. However, I'm planning to sell my 2006 Outfitter Apex 9.5 pop-up truck camper, and might consider a lease-option to an interested buyer going to Oskosh. At somewhat "competitive" rates, of course. Open to alternative proposals. See the Internet for other owner's opinions about this unique type and cost-our a new one--visit the website outfittermfg.com, and contact me for specific details. I'll sell the 2005 Ford F-250 HD 6.0 diesel, extra-cab, long-bed pickup with it too. Favoritism might be extended to backcountry pilots. It has a lot of extras, like AC, 800W solar, roof-racks, oven, and a mod for extra optional sleeping space. The radio doesn't work. Just putting new batteries in.

I haven't advertized it yet.

John Austin attending Thursday - Saturday and 5th wheel camping in Camp Scholler. Plane is 750 STOL based at TN66 in Crossville, TN area. See you at the Zenith Banquet!

Hello, 

David Gallagher (me): will be at Oshkosh Sunday to Sunday.  I will be staying in Camp Scholler just south of the main camper entry and registration area.  I have a 601XLb based near Cincinnati, OH, but I will be driving up this year with my 2 children and a pop-up camper.  The wife has again bowed out of camping in an open field and will be enjoying her week off in air conditioned peace and quiet.

Looking forward to another great week at Oshkosh!

Dave

Tim Juhl -Monday-Thursday AM - Camp Scholler - 601XL-B - Driving my White Sprinter van with Snoopy on the side from Michigan

Permalink Reply by Mike DiPetrillo 3 hours ago
Looking forward to the banquet. Will there be any transportation from the field for those of us camping out? If not then is there anyone on here that wants to share a cab? I'm camping over in Vintage.

Mike, I'll post this and see if others will coordinate rides. I might have room, don't know yet.

Walt Snyder

Plan on flying up in my 701 and will be camping under the wing in the homebuilt camping area. Keep the airplane at my farm airstrip, 12WV, which is currently under water due to the heavy rain. I think it'll recede in time and things will dry out enough I can get in the air Saturday. If there is anyone wanting to tag along let me know. I'll be flying from the KHTS area, around KORD and straight up from there on Saturday if all goes well. Plan on staying Sunday through Thursday with an early morning departure on Friday.

Wayne Clagg

As I read through Zenith's announcement and see this:

"STOL Demonstrations: Zenith's Roger Dubbert will participate in the Valdez STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) demonstrations at Oshkosh in a yet-to-be-announced Zenith STOL airplane!"

I can read this in one of two ways:

1) Roger will be flying in a new, completely new STOL model that will be unveiled at Oshkosh, or

2) Roger will be flying one of the existing STOLs (701? 750?  801?) and hasn't announced which one yet.

#2 doesn't seem that exciting of an announcement, as an existing would be 701 or 750... maybe 801 for a challenge.  I also noted that they ended the announcement with an exclamation point.

I can't think of what new STOL they would announce... they have two seaters covered, and the 4 seat 801 is now sold only by Zenair in Canada.  What else is there?

Joel, possibly reading too much into this, and unfortunately not at Oshkosh this week.

I also just noticed that they launched a new website in the past 48 hours.  www.zenithair.com now redirects to zenithair.co.  (without the .com, looking cool with the .co).

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service