Just wondering what avionics/instrumentation packages people are looking at matching up to their 350.

I've been poking around at Dynon and GRT. GRT seems to have some reasonable pricing for complete packages but there aren't a whole lot of them flying around in my end of the rink.

Views: 827

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I installed a Garmin panel, purchased from Roger at Zenith and think I will like it.  Picked it up ion Dec 2017 and it was

a little tricky to install, but managed to get it all working, including ADS in/out.  I have the 350IS and only had trouble

gettng it to read the oil temp. sensor.  Dynon is probably as good, I just happened to know someone high up in the

Experimental instruments department at Garmin......

I am flying UL350i and have Dynon Skyview complete panel.

I could not be happier with the Dynon system.

Dynon is on verge of releasing 2 band ADSB to replace our original single band.

Great people, great stuff!!!

Jerry

Hey Jerold.

Do you use the fuel flow capability with the red cubes? Autopilot?

How did your installation go? Pre made harnesses? Have I asked enough questions yet? Lol

What oil temp,fuel pressure,cht, and egt sensors did you use?  Garmin tech not too helpful saying they dont know anything about the UL engines.

Used the ones that came with the Dynon sensor package for a 4 cylinder Lycoming fuel injected engine, equivilent to the UL350. A combination of Dynon and Kavlico, the oil and fuel senders were Kavlico, the fuel one had to be replaced due to the service bulletin. Dynon has been awesome with information about their stuff and UL power tie ins.I bought a Garmin GTX-200 radio and Garmin wouldn’t give me the time of day about tying it into the EFIS. Dynon responded immediately and it all works great.

I just finished installing a complete Dynon package with the new ADS-B module for my Zenith 650 with the UL 350i engine.  Installation was straightforward and I encountered no problems with the configuration.  I am in the process of putting my wings on now so it will be awhile before I fly. 

I'm in the process of installing 2 GRT Sport EX in my 650.  Their EIS for the UL350i is great in that it eliminates the need for the "Red Cubes".  It takes fuel flow information from the UL ECU.

Dynon no longer requires the cubes for the UL350 and uses an injector pulse/liter output signal. The K factor has to be set when setting it all up. Not quite there yet.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service